Last Updated January 9, 2020
MNAT.COM is owned and operated by Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP (“Morris Nichols”), a Wilmington, Delaware law firm, combining a broad national practice of corporate, intellectual property, business reorganization and restructuring, commercial law and litigation with a general business, tax, estate planning and real estate practice within the State of Delaware.
Collection of Information
Morris Nichols collects personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide when you complete forms available on www.mnat.com and/or personal but anonymous information that is generated by your web browser.
Personal but Anonymous Information
Your web browser will automatically send us your IP address, name of your Internet Service Provider, name and version of your operating system and web browser, date, time, and pages that you visit. Your IP address only identifies the number automatically assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet and does not identify you by name.
We use other web-based technologies, including cookies, for a variety of purposes, such as to ascertain how visitors use our site (pages visited, links used, length of stay on each page), to support certain site features and functionalities (so you can avoid re-entering information you established on prior site visits), and to personalize your site experience.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, or you can delete our cookies upon leaving our site. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit MNAT.COM, without them, certain site features and functionality will be disabled.
The information we collect using web-based technologies does not identify you personally and you continue to remain anonymous unless, of course, you have created a user identity by subscribing to our newsletter, email alerts or other subscription-based or opt-in publications, or you have used an email link to communicate with Morris Nichols and your communication includes personally identifiable information such as an email signature or a resume.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information provided by you or collected through your use of MNAT.COM to:
- provide information and services you have requested;
- personalize our communications with you;
- contact you with other information and/or services we believe will be of interest to you including distribution of newsletters, legal updates, and all other information and/or materials offered by Morris Nichols;
- invite you to participate in firm-sponsored events;
- solicit your feedback on us;
- make certain that our mailing lists are accurate, current, and do not contain multiple entries;
- better understand your needs and interests;
- improve site content, functionality, usability;
- maintain security for this site and for fraud-prevention purposes;
- respond as required by law or subpoena; and/or
- administer the Morris Nichols website.
Consent and Right to Opt Out
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set forth in this policy. You may elect to be removed from our mailing lists, or change the type of information we send to you, by contacting us with your request at email@example.com, providing your full name, company name and address so that we can locate you on our mailing lists. Additionally, in each promotional email, newsletter, client alert and similar mailing, we provide you with an opt-out link so that you can inform us that you no longer wish to receive such communications.
Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
You may access and amend your personal data. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data or would like to amend the information we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 772-6628.
Disclosure of Information
Security of Data
Although we employ security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are therefore at your own risk.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers (such as your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Commercial information (for example billing information and records of services purchased);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address); and/or
- Professional or employment-related information (for example information provided in a job application).
Additional information on how we obtain personal information can be found in the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Personal Information section. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the Disclosure of Information section.
If you are a California resident, you may have the right under the CCPA to:
- Know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you;
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
- Opt out of any sale of personal information to third parties; and
- Non-discrimination in terms of price or service from exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or (877) 772-6628. Please allow up to 45 days to process your request. You may submit a request twice per 12-month period.
Modification of Policy