For nearly 30 years, Rob has focused on corporate restructuring, reorganization and counseling.
Rob’s substantial experience extends to representations of debtors and creditors in all facets of pre- and post-Chapter 11 filings that include out-of-court reorganization and restructuring, acquisitions and complex lending arrangements. He also provides corporate governance, fiduciary duty and strategic advice to boards of directors, special committees and executives.
Rob regularly works with inside and outside counsel, turnaround professionals, crisis management firms, investment and non-investment bank professionals, and debtors-in-possession (“DIP”) and exit financing lenders.
Rob’s representative engagements span diverse industry segments that include health companies, retail, airline, housing, steel manufacturing, insurance, mortgage brokerage and consumer finance. He has worked on behalf of distressed companies, boards of directors/special committees and/or individual members, and other parties such as official equity committees and ad hoc committees in insolvency-related matters.
A frequent speaker before business and professional audiences, Rob has addressed attendees at the Distressed Debt Conference, the Distressed Retail Summit: Turnarounds, Restructurings, Bankruptcies & Distressed Investing Conference, New York Institute of Credit/ABF Journal/TMA Philadelphia Conference, iiBIG’s Alternative Investment All-Star Forum, Distressed M&A and Investments Summit and VALCON. He has also spoken at conferences coordinated by the ABI Journal, the Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, Global Restructuring Practice and The Journal of Private Equity.
Rob is ranked Band 1 among Delaware bankruptcy/restructuring attorneys by Chambers USA, listed in The Best Lawyers in America, and selected for inclusion in Delaware Super Lawyers.
Prior to joining Morris Nichols, Rob was a law clerk to the Honorable Prudence Beatty of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York and an attorney with Willkie Farr & Gallagher in New York City.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ranked Band 1 in Delaware for bankruptcy/restructuring (2012-2020), with sources describing him as a “great mix of fighter and deal maker.”
- IFLR1000 United States, Selected as a leading Delaware lawyer in the guide to financial and corporate law firms (2018-2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Listed in the bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights / insolvency and reorganization category (2013-2021) and litigation – bankruptcy (2021)
- Delaware Super Lawyers, Selected by his peers for inclusion for work in bankruptcy: business (2007-2020)
- Who’s Who Legal, Listed among top restructuring and insolvency practitioners (2014 and 2018-2019)