10th Annual Advanced Insolvency & Restructuring Law Conference
Morris Nichols Business Reorganization & Restructuring partner Derek Abbott will serve as a panel speaker for Best Practices for Managing Cross-Border Insolvencies & Restructurings at the 10th Annual Advanced Insolvency & Restructuring Law Conference, January 20-21, 2010, in Toronto, Canada.
Derek’s panel will discuss:
- Understanding the differences between Canadian and U.S. restructuring law and practice
- Comparing and contrasting Chapter 15 and Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Considerations in structuring the cross-border filings of affiliated debtors
- Top tips for organizing your cross-border professional team
- Coordinating concurrent proceedings during a cross-border insolvency/restructuring
- Best practices for conducting a cross-border sale of assets
- Examining the latest Canadian and U.S. cases concerning cross-border insolvencies/restructurings
Joining Derek is Sheryl E. Seigel, Partner, Lang Michener LLP. The Advanced Insolvency & Restructuring Law Conference, produced by The Canadian Institute, annually provides attendees with insight into crucial developments in bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring law.