31st Annual Ray Garrett, Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute
Morris Nichols Corporate & Business Litigation Group partner Bill Lafferty, and Corporate Law Counseling Group partner and practice group coordinator Jeffrey Wolters will present at the 31st Annual Ray Garrett, Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, April 28 – 29, 2011.
As a litigator who worked on the Airgas/Air Products litigation, Bill Lafferty will serve as a litigator-presenter for Delaware Mock Trial, a panel that will consider the array of issues faced by a target board when considering a hostile bid and then, in the mock argument, argue the case as if on appeal. The Honorable Leo E. Strine Jr., Vice Chancellor, Delaware Court of Chancery, Wilmington, Delaware, will preside over the mock oral argument. Paul Rowe, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, will serve as opposing counsel.
Jeff Wolters will speak on the panel Public Company M&A Transactions: Techniques for Today’s Market, a panel that will discuss:
- The continuing vitality of the poison pill post–Airgas
- The appeal and limitations of the go–shop
- Managing advisor conflicts post–Del Monte
- Reassessing deal optionality for bidders – the rise of specific performance
- Developments in deal protection – the latest on lock–ups and stockholder consents
- The state of the art in financing commitments
Jeff will be joined by session chair R. Scott Falk of Kirkland & Ellis LLP and fellow panelists Bradley C. Faris, Latham & Watkins LLP, and Thomas M. Miles, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc.