Ken Nachbar’s practice focuses on cases involving mergers and acquisitions, control contests, shareholder class and derivative actions, and contractual disputes. He advises corporate clients and boards of directors with respect to litigation and transactional matters including structuring of corporate transactions, defensive mechanisms and representation of special negotiating committees and special litigation committees.
As both lead and co-counsel, Ken has litigated many of the seminal cases involving Delaware corporate law for clients such as The Dow Chemical Company, Facebook, Inc., Barclay’s Bank Delaware, FedEx Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Allergan, Inc., Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. and KFC Corporation, as well as many private companies. Ken has also advised special committees of the boards of companies such as Ralph Lauren Corporation, TripAdvisor, Inc., Massey Corporation and MoneyGram International, Inc.
Ken is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Chambers USA has listed Ken in its top band for Delaware Court of Chancery since its inception (2002-2020). Clients and peers describe him as “a terrific Chancery Court lawyer” who has a “tremendous effect on the courts in Delaware.” He “has the rare combination of a substantive command of the law and the ability to get up there and effectively argue cases.” “You know you must bring your ‘A’ game when you are against him.”
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ranked Band 1 in Delaware for Chancery work (2007-2020)
- The Legal 500 US, Ranked among top M&A litigation attorneys in the United States (Leading Lawyer 2014-2019; Hall of Fame 2020)
- Benchmark Litigation, Named a Delaware “Litigation Star” in general commercial area (2013-2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Listed in various categories, including commercial and M&A litigation (2006-2020); Designated Delaware “Lawyer of the Year” for bet-the-company litigation (2015 and 2018)
- Lawdragon Magazine, 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Delaware Super Lawyers, Selected for inclusion in mergers and acquisitions (2007-2020) and listed among the “Top 10” Delaware attorneys with highest point totals (2020)
- Who’s Who Legal, Listed among top corporate attorneys (2014-2020)