With nearly 40 years of patent litigation experience, Jack has built a reputation as the “dean of the Delaware IP bar” (Chambers USA 2017). Jack handles a unique mix of lead counsel, Delaware counsel, and co-counsel roles. Clients regularly turn to him in situations with a high risk of exposure that demand a thorough understanding of the complex legal and technical issues involved.
Jack’s extensive experience includes pharmaceutical, medical product and biotechnology matters, as well as technology disputes involving computers, software and telecommunications. He has tried cases in various district courts and argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Jack has served as lead counsel for clients including Pfizer, UCB, Comcast, Thermo Fisher and Agilent, among many others, in patent and trade secret cases. His clients include major companies such as Amgen, Allergan, Gilead, Bayer, AbbVie, Johnson & Johnson, Shire, Astellas, Alcon, Edwards Lifesciences, Google, Intel, Symantec, PayPal, Nokia, Activision, Electronic Arts and Plantronics.
Jack has received numerous awards and recognitions, including having been named Delaware litigator of the year by Managing Intellectual Property each year since 2014. Chambers USA peer-review sources report that he is the “top Delaware IP lawyer” (2018) and “in a class of his own” (2017).
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ranked in Delaware as a “Star Individual” for intellectual property (2008-2019)
- IAM 250: The World’s Leading Patent Litigators, Number One Delaware Patent Litigator (2011)
- IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, Gold-ranked among leading Delaware patent professionals (2014-2019)
- Managing Intellectual Property, Ranked as IP Star and recipient of the “Outstanding Litigator of the Year - Delaware” award at the North America Awards (2014-2019)
- Benchmark Litigation, Recognized for intellectual property litigation in Delaware (2013-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Listed for patent and intellectual property litigation work (1995-2020); Designated “Lawyer of the Year” in various Delaware categories (2013, 2015-2016)
- Lawdragon Magazine, 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- WIPR Leaders (2016-2019)
- Who’s Who Legal: Patents, Listed among top patent practitioners (2014-2019)