Mac is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and litigates corporate, alternative entity, and commercial disputes in the state and federal courts in Delaware. Mac is a former judicial law clerk on the Delaware Court of Chancery for Vice Chancellor Stephen P. Lamb.
His matters often involve shareholder class actions, derivative lawsuits, disputes among boards of directors and large stockholders, contests for control of corporations or alternative entities, litigation among parties to merger agreements, and post-closing contract disputes involving claims to funds held in escrow and related tort claims. Mac’s recent matters also include statutory proceedings such as director and stockholder books and records demands, ratification proceedings, dissolution litigation, and appraisal matters.
Mac has litigated a variety of cases involving important developments in Delaware law, including:
- The MFW doctrine – Kahn v. M&F Worldwide Corp., 88 A.3d 635 (Del. 2014), Nicholas Olenik v. Frank A. Lodzinski, et al., C.A. No. 2017-0414-JRS (Del. Ch. July 20, 2018), IRA Trust of FBO Bobbie Ahmed et al. v. David Crane et al., C.A. No. 12742-CB (Del. Ch. Jan. 26, 2018);
- Stock reclassification matters – In re Google Inc. Class C S’holder Litig., C.A. No. 7469-VCG, IRA Trust of FBO Bobbie Ahmed et al. v. David Crane et al., C.A. No. 12742-CB (Del. Ch. Jan. 26, 2018);
- Fraud claims based on “extra-contractual” representations – ChyronHego Corp. v. Cliff Wight, C.A. No. 2017-0548-SC (Del. Ch. July 31, 2018), Anvil Holding Corp. v. Iron Acquisition Co., C.A. No. 7975-VCP (Del. Ch. May 17, 2013); and
- Judicial ratification under 8 Del. C. § 205 – Michael DePinto et al. v. John S. Stafford et al., C.A. No. 10742-CB.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Selected as a leading Delaware attorney for M&A litigation (2019)
- Delaware Super Lawyers, Recognized as a Rising Star in business litigation (2016-2019)
- Benchmark Litigation, Featured as a Delaware “Future Star” (2017-2018)