Andy serves as chair of the Firm’s Executive Committee. His practice includes advising corporations and their counsel on a wide variety of Delaware corporate law issues including those relating to the fiduciary duties of directors, officers and stockholders, financings, conflict of interest transactions, corporate governance, indemnification and director liability.
He has worked closely with boards of directors, special committees of directors, and managements of public and private corporations in conflict transactions, proxy contests, sale of control and business combination transactions, hostile takeovers and initial public offerings.
Andy serves on the Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association (“DSBA”), which considers amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law (“DGCL”) and other Delaware statutes that enable the formation of other types of business entities.
Andy frequently writes and speaks on the role and duty of directors and stockholders. He is the coauthor of two Bloomberg BNA Corporate Practice Series Portfolios: Special Committees of Independent Directors and Preferred Stock.
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ranked as a leading Delaware corporate M&A practitioner (2014-2020)
- The Legal 500 US, Mentioned for his corporate counseling work (2015, 2017, 2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Listed as a leading Delaware attorney for corporate law, corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions (2014-2020); Deemed “Lawyer of the Year” for Delaware M&A (2017)
- Delaware Super Lawyers, Selected by his peers for inclusion for work in business/corporate law (2013, 2016-2019)
- Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance, Listed among leading M&A lawyers (2014-2019)