- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation in the U.S. District of Delaware
- Intellectual Property And Technology Litigation: Delaware State Courts
- Intellectual Property Litigation Beyond Delaware
- Jack B. Blumenfeld
- Mary B. Graham
- Thomas C. Grimm
- Julia Heaney
- Karen Jacobs
- Maryellen Noreika
- Rodger D. Smith II
Intellectual Property Litigation
"Admiring competitors agreed. It's simply number one."
- Chambers USA
The Intellectual Property Litigation Group has represented clients in complex disputes involving patents, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition, and antitrust issues. We have successfully litigated cases on products and services in all areas of technology in the Delaware District Court, the Delaware Court of Chancery and Superior Court and federal courts throughout the country including the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Major representations have included the following clients: Abbott Labs, Acuity Brands Lighting, Advanced Energy, Affymetrix, Agilent Technologies, AstraZeneca, Bausch & Lomb, Canon, The Dow Chemical Co., Edwards Lifesciences, Elan, Forest Labs, Honeywell, Igen, Intermec, Invista, Linear Technology, Merck, Motorola, Nokia, Pfizer, QUALCOMM, Rambus, ResortQuest, sanofi-aventis, Scientific Games and Wyeth.
- 28 Morris Nichols Lawyers Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that 28 firm attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. Two partners received special recognition as 2015 Delaware Lawyer of the Year: Jack B. Blumenfeld for Litigation-Patent, and Kenneth J. Nachbar for Bet-the-Company Litigation.
- Four Morris Nichols Partners Listed Among Top Patent Attorneys in Who’s Who Legal: Patents 2014
Jack B. Blumenfeld, Karen Jacobs, Maryellen Noreika, and Rodger D. Smith, II have been named in the Who’s Who Legal: Patents 2014, an independent research guide on the world’s leading patent lawyers.
- Jennifer Ying named to Lawyers of Color's 2014 Hot List Early- to Mid-Career Minority Attorneys in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Jennifer Ying has been named to Lawyers of Color’s Second Annual Hot List, which recognizes early- to mid-career minority attorneys.
- Intellectual Asset Management Ranks Morris Nichols in Delaware Top Tier
The 2014 edition of IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners ranked Morris Nichols in the gold tier for Delaware, noting the firm “is a first port of call for litigators seeking local counsel in Delaware.”
- 17 Morris Nichols Attorneys Selected For Inclusion in Super Lawyers- Delaware Edition 2014
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
- Chambers USA 2014 Names 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best in Delaware
Chambers annually conducts in-depth interviews of commercial users of legal services to assess the strengths and reputations of US attorneys. Rankings are based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.
- Lex Machina 2013 Annual Review: Morris Nichols Led Delaware and U.S. Firms in Patent Litigation
Based on an extensive review of computerized data, Lex Machina reported that Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP had more open patent cases in 2013 than any other Delaware law firm.
- 2014 Chambers USA Directory Ranks 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys as 'Leaders in their Field"
- Congratulations to Jack Blumenfeld, 2014 Delaware Litigator of the Year
- Morris Nichols Leads Delaware Firms for Top 250 Women in IP Listing
Managing Intellectual Property ("MIP") magazine has named two Morris Nichols Intellectual Property Litigation Group partners – Karen Jacobs and Julie Heaney – to its inaugural list of IP STARS – TOP 250 WOMEN IN IP.
- 18 Morris Nichols Practice Areas Named in U.S. News/Best Lawyers 2014 Rankings of Best Law Firms in Delaware
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP is pleased to announce its selection to the U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers 2014 “Best Law Firms” rankings for Delaware.
- Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to 2014 Best Lawyers in America – 60 Practice Specialty Selections; 22 Top-Listed Practice areas; 5 Delaware Lawyers of the Year
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that two thirds of the firm's partnership have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Chambers USA 2013 Names 17 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best In Delaware
The 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business today ranked seventeen Morris Nichols’ attorneys and four practice groups as best in Delaware.
- 22 Morris Nichols Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers – Delaware Edition 2013
22 Morris Nichols attorneys have been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers - Delaware Edition 2013.
- Morris Nichols Tops Delaware in Benchmark Litigation 2013
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that nine Morris Nichols’ attorneys and three practice areas have been selected as among the best in Delaware by the 2013 edition of Benchmark Litigation.
- Morris Nichols Attorneys Named Delaware “Lawyers of the Year”
Gil Sparks, Jack Blumenfeld, and Rick Alexander have been named 2013 Delaware Lawyers of the Year by the Best Lawyers in America publication in the Bet-the-Company Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law categories, respectively.
- 28 Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013
28 Morris Nichols attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013 in twenty two practice areas.
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld Named Among Top Patent Litigators; Firm Ranks First in Delaware
Jack Blumenfeld has been selected as the sole Gold-ranked patent litigator in Delaware by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine in the 2012 edition of IAM 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld, Mary Graham Named 2012 Life Science Stars
Jack Blumenfeld and Mary Graham have been named “Life Science Stars” by LMG Life Sciences 2012: The Definitive Guide to the Leading Firms and Attorneys in US Life Sciences.
- Morris Nichols Team Successful in LadaTech v Illumina Patent Infringement Dispute
Jack Blumenfeld and Maryellen Noreika headed the Morris Nichols patent litigation trial team that represented LadaTech, LLC in its successful patent infringement dispute against Illumina, Inc.
- Twenty-One Morris Nichols' Practice Areas Named in U.S. News/Best Lawyers 2011-2012 Rankings of Best Law Firms
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP has been recognized in twenty-one practice areas in the U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers 2011 - 2012 "Best Law Firms" rankings.
- Morris Nichols Releases iPad App to Help Legal Professionals Navigate Delaware Law and Practice
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that its new iPad application, Morris Nichols’ Delaware Bankruptcy Companion for iPad, is available as a free download from the App Store. It is the first in a series of Delaware practice-specific apps produced by Morris Nichols tailored for legal professionals. Morris Nichols becomes the first U.S. law firm to release a legal practice and procedures app for the iPad.
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld Ranked Number One in Delaware Among World’s Foremost Patent Litigators
Jack B. Blumenfeld has been ranked the number one Delaware patent litigator by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine in the 2011 edition of IAM 250 -The World's Leading Patent Litigators.
- Morris Nichols is Top Delaware Law Firm for Patent Litigation in 2010 Corporate Counsel Survey
Morris Nichols has been recognized as the top Delaware law firm for patent litigation by Corporate Counsel magazine in its 2010 Patent Litigation Survey.
- Morris Nichols Named a 2011 “Go-To Law Firm” for the Top 500
Morris Nichols has been named a Go-To Law Firm for the Nation’s top 500 companies by Corporate Counsel.
- Morris Nichols serves as Delaware counsel for Successful Patent Litigation Team in Dow Chemical’s $61.7 Million Patent Infringement Verdict
Rodger Smith served as Delaware counsel on the patent litigation team that successfully represented The Dow Chemical Co. in its recent patent infringement trial against rival Nova Chemicals.
- Lawdragon Names Four Morris Nichols Attorneys Among 500 Leading Lawyers in America
Rick Alexander, Jack Blumenfeld, Bill Lafferty and Ken Nachbar have been named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America 2010 guide.
- Letter by Chief Judge Stark Clarifying the District Court’s New Filing Policies and Procedures
- District Court Announces Revised Electronic Case Filing Policies and Procedures
- District of Delaware, Revised Procedures for Managing Patent Cases
- Jack B. Blumenfeld, Karen Jacobs, Jeremy A. Tigan, Pretrial Preparation ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators, 329-350 (Kenneth L. Dorsney ed., ABA Publishing 2012).
- Karen Jacobs, Legitimate Businesses Get Caught in the Web: Does the Anticybersquatting Protection Act Go Too Far? Delaware Law Review, Vol. 10:1 (2008)
- Mary B. Graham, Presentation on Forum Selection: Delaware Symposium: Ethical Issues In Patent Law; The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, March 29, 2007
- Mary B. Graham, Building A House: The IP Case That Will Sell a chapter in IP Legal Strategies, part of the series INSIDE THE MINDS: IP LEGAL SERIES (Aspatore Books, Spring 2007)
- Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons, Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham and Leslie A. Polizoti, Explaining Venue Choice and Litigant Preferences: Solving the Delaware Mystery ECONOMIC DAMAGES IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: A HANDS-ON GUIDE TO LITIGATION 67-81 (Daniel Slottje ed., John Wiley & Sons 2006)
- Donald F. Parsons, Jr., Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham & Leslie A. Polizoti, Solving the Mystery of Patentees' 'Collective Enthusiasm' for Delaware Delaware Law Review, Vol 7:2 (2005)
- Karen Jacobs Louden & Tiffany Fonseca, Does the Federal Trademark Dilution Act Provide A Right Without A Remedy? Delaware Law Review, Vol. 7:1 (2004)