At Morris Nichols we only hire the best. The best directors, managers, paralegals, administrative assistants, information technology, accounting, office services staff and more.
Our support staff provides outstanding service – substantiated by the complimentary notes and comments we receive from our clients. Our hiring process is designed to ensure that we select individuals who not only have top skills, but have great attitudes and are client-focused. In other words – these are people you would want to have on your team.
Our administrative staff consists of more than 100 talented individuals who are essential to the ongoing success of the Firm. Morris Nichols supports and is committed to diversity and equal employment opportunities for all personnel.
Staff Accountant (Full Time, Non-Exempt)
Reports to the Manager of Financial Operations. Coordinates the day-to-day financial activities of the firm and performs the full range of moderately complex to complex financial activities.
- Analyzes financial information to include but not limited to bank accounts, billing statements, financial statements, trend reports, tax returns, budget variance and other financial reports, to identify and resolve discrepancies and to ensure data integrity is maintained; refers highly complex issues to management and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Provides technical financial expertise on the full range of financial processes, workflow, and priorities. Identifies and assists in the resolution of financial problems and issues.
- Assists in the development of specific financial policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of a system of checks and balances to ensure the integrity of financial records.
- Reviews and assesses financial processes and procedures to identify and implement changes to gain efficiencies.
- Reviews financial activity and accrues expenses as needed in support of financial statements.
- Analyzes and reconciles General Ledger accounts to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Gathers and analyzes financial data; creates and presents reports to managers and makes recommendations.
- Inputs and coordinates daily cash and trust receipts into the financial and exterior banking systems.
- Assist and coordinate with accounts payable staff to ensure accuracy of data entry.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years professional experience preferred
- Experience with Elite Enterprise or 3E a plus
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to obtain mastery of Finance procedures and policies specific to the area of assignment.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
- Considerable knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data.
- Ability to apply analytic, diagnostic, and qualitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and resolve financial issues.
- Expert technical skills using analytical tools such as Excel and Access databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by developing working relationships with colleagues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to prepare and deliver briefings on financial topics to management on an Ad Hoc basis.
The above described job elements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and full benefit package, including medical/dental/vision, life/disability insurance, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
If you believe you have the skills and ability to be successful at Morris Nichols, please email your resume, along with salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please specify the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/VV/D