At Morris Nichols we only hire the best. The best directors, managers, paralegals, administrative assistants, information technology, accounting, office services staff and more.
Our support staff provides outstanding service on a continuing basis – which is substantiated by the complimentary notes and comments we receive from our clients. Our hiring process is designed to ensure that we select individuals who not only have top skills, but have great attitudes and are client-focused. In other words – these are people you would want to have on your team.
Our administrative staff consists of more than 100 talented individuals who are essential to the ongoing success of the Firm. Morris Nichols supports and is committed to diversity and equal employment opportunities for all personnel.
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell, one of Delaware’s largest law firms, has an immediate opening for a Billing Specialist. Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Operations, the individual will be responsible for all aspects of the billing process including, but not limited to, the preparation of both paper and electronic bills.
- Reviewing billing proformas for accuracy.
- Preparing edits to time and costs as requested by billing attorney.
- Managing the entire e-billing process from new set ups to new timekeepers, rates, monitoring approvals, reducing invoice rejections and troubleshooting general e-billing issues.
- Preparing paper bills as deemed necessary.
- Finalizing billing transactions in Elite.
- Responding to a variety of requests from our internal and external clients.
- Managing monthly billing and preparing summary report of billing activity at the end of each month.
- Evaluating inventory and providing updates on a weekly basis, including WIP and A/R.
- Managing the client budget and accrual process including due dates and coordinating with the billing attorney re: information provided to clients.
- Implementing complicated billing and rate arrangements.
- Developing professional reports as needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to organize and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, attorneys and staff. Solid communication skills, both written and oral, are imperative.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proven time management skills.
- Sound professional judgment.
- Project management skills are a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with Law Firm billing.
- Demonstrated understanding of general accounting theory, practice and application.
- Working knowledge of Elite Enterprise and Webview billing modules.
- Working knowledge of major e-billing vendors.
- Experience in working with LEDES files preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Candidate must be generally tech savvy.
- College degree is preferred but equivalent relevant work experience is acceptable.
One of Wilmington’s largest law firms has an immediate opening for a messenger working the 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. shift to assist the Office Services Department. This is an entry-level position and will include some manual labor. The ideal candidate will have some college education and a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service industry.
- Performing in-house and outside deliveries including service of legal papers on counsel within walking distance.
- Preparation of mail consisting of sorting, delivering in office, and operation of postage meter.
- Operation of Federal Express PowerShip.
- Faxing, scanning, and photocopying documents.
- Manual labor, i.e., lifting files up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis, moving furniture, assembling shelving, boxing up files, boxing up files.
- Work closely with other departments i.e., Records Dept., IT, and Banquet Services on an as needed basis.
- Some college and a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service industry.
- Experience in the legal industry a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Commitment to performing quality work.
- Basic computer skills; 45-50 wpm.
If you believe you have the skills and ability to be successful at Morris Nichols, please email your resume, along with salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please specify the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/VV/D