- J.D., 1982, Yale Law School
- M.S., 1978, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B.S., with distinction, 1974, Stanford University
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Walter K. Stapleton, United States District Court for the District of Delaware
Admissions to Practice
- Federal Circuit
- Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Mary B. Graham
PartnerTel: (302) 351-9199
Fax: (302) 658-3989
Mary Graham is a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Group at Morris Nichols Arsht & Tunnell LLP where she has been practicing law since 1983. She has acted in lead roles in numerous intellectual property cases in both trial and appellate courts involving patents, trade secrets, licensing and copyrights, and involving diverse technologies from pharmaceuticals and chemicals to software and medical devices. She has argued cases before every major court in Delaware and the Federal Circuit. She has also worked as Delaware counsel with leading attorneys from around the country who litigate intellectual property and other complex cases in the Delaware federal and state courts. She has been recognized for legal excellence and expertise by Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America, and as a Delaware "Super Lawyer" by Law and Business Media.
Ms. Graham is a graduate of Stanford University, where she received a B.S. in mathematics with distinction, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where she received an M.S. in mathematics. She received her J.D. from Yale Law School and served as a law clerk to the Hon. Walter K. Stapleton of the U.S. District Court in Delaware. Active in the Delaware community, she has served as Chair of the Higher Education Commission and is a former member of the State Board of Education. She spends occasional free time attempting to prove that it is never too late to learn a foreign language (French).
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, District of Delaware Intellectual Property Advisory Committee
- Member, Delaware State Board of Education, 1999-2008
- Chair, Delaware Higher Education Commission, 1993-1999
- Board on Professional Responsibility, 1999-2005
- Preliminary Review Committee of Board on Professional Responsibility, 1994-1999
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Best Lawyers 2014 Delaware Lawyer of the Year: Litigation –Intellectual Property
- Best Lawyers in America (2005-2015)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2005-2014)
- IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners (2014)
- LMG Life Sciences 2014: Life Science Stars
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Morris Nichols in 2015 Rankings
The 2015 edition of Benchmark Litigation recognizes Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP as a “Highly Recommended” law firm in Delaware. The guide notes that Morris Nichols “has developed a national reputation as a leading general commercial litigation, bankruptcy, and intellectual property firm.”
- 28 Morris Nichols Lawyers Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that 28 firm attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. Two partners received special recognition as 2015 Delaware Lawyer of the Year: Jack B. Blumenfeld for Litigation-Patent, and Kenneth J. Nachbar for Bet-the-Company Litigation.
- Morris Nichols Partners Jack Blumenfeld and Mary Graham Named 2014 LMG Life Sciences Stars for Intellectual Property
Jack B. Blumenfeld and Mary B. Graham have been recognized as “Life Sciences Stars” by LMG Life Sciences 2014. Both members of the Morris Nichols Intellectual Property Litigation group, they were selected for inclusion in the LMG category for intellectual property. Their practices frequently involve representation of clients in the biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Intellectual Asset Management Ranks Morris Nichols in Delaware Top Tier
The 2014 edition of IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners ranked Morris Nichols in the gold tier for Delaware, noting the firm “is a first port of call for litigators seeking local counsel in Delaware.”
- Chambers USA 2014 Names 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best in Delaware
Chambers annually conducts in-depth interviews of commercial users of legal services to assess the strengths and reputations of US attorneys. Rankings are based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.
- 2014 Chambers USA Directory Ranks 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys as 'Leaders in their Field"
- Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to 2014 Best Lawyers in America – 60 Practice Specialty Selections; 22 Top-Listed Practice areas; 5 Delaware Lawyers of the Year
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that two thirds of the firm's partnership have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Chambers USA 2013 Names 17 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best In Delaware
The 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business today ranked seventeen Morris Nichols’ attorneys and four practice groups as best in Delaware.
- 22 Morris Nichols Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers – Delaware Edition 2013
22 Morris Nichols attorneys have been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers - Delaware Edition 2013.
- Morris Nichols Tops Delaware in Benchmark Litigation 2013
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that nine Morris Nichols’ attorneys and three practice areas have been selected as among the best in Delaware by the 2013 edition of Benchmark Litigation.
- 28 Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013
28 Morris Nichols attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013 in twenty two practice areas.
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld, Mary Graham Named 2012 Life Science Stars
Jack Blumenfeld and Mary Graham have been named “Life Science Stars” by LMG Life Sciences 2012: The Definitive Guide to the Leading Firms and Attorneys in US Life Sciences.
- Mary B. Graham, Presentation on Forum Selection: Delaware, Symposium: Ethical Issues In Patent Law; The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, March 29, 2007
- Mary B. Graham, Building A House: The IP Case That Will Sell, a chapter in IP Legal Strategies, part of the series INSIDE THE MINDS: IP LEGAL SERIES (Aspatore Books, Spring 2007)
- Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons, Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham and Leslie A. Polizoti, Explaining Venue Choice and Litigant Preferences: Solving the Delaware Mystery, ECONOMIC DAMAGES IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: A HANDS-ON GUIDE TO LITIGATION 67-81 (Daniel Slottje ed., John Wiley & Sons 2006)
- Donald F. Parsons, Jr., Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham & Leslie A. Polizoti, Solving the Mystery of Patentees' 'Collective Enthusiasm' for Delaware, Delaware Law Review, Vol 7:2 (2005)