- J.D., 1977, Yale Law School
- B.A, 1974, State University of New York at Albany
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Walter K. Stapleton, United States District Court for the District of Delaware
Admissions to Practice
- Delaware, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
Jack B. Blumenfeld
PartnerTel: (302) 351-9291
Fax: (302) 425-3012
Jack is a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Group. His practice concentrates on patent litigation and encompasses many different areas of technology.
Jack has been a member of the District Court Advisory Committee for the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, the Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Group for that Court, and the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee of that Court.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Who’s Who Legal: Patents, 2014
- Delaware Super Lawyer, 2014
- Delaware Litigator of the Year, 2014 by Managing Intellectual Property
- The Best Lawyers in America 2013 Delaware Lawyer of the Year, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Ranked the number one Delaware patent litigator by Intellectual Asset Management magazine - IAM 250: The World's Leading Patent Litigators 2011
- Star Performer in Intellectual Property, Chambers USA: 2012 America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for the past 18 years
- Lawdragon Magazine - 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Benchmark Litigation Magazine – Delaware Litigation Star
- International Who’s Who of Patent Lawyers - 2011
- IAM 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners: Gold-ranked
- LMG Life Sciences 2012: Life Science Stars
- Four Morris Nichols Partners Listed Among Top Patent Attorneys in Who’s Who Legal: Patents 2014
Jack B. Blumenfeld, Karen Jacobs, Maryellen Noreika, and Rodger D. Smith, II have been named in the Who’s Who Legal: Patents 2014, an independent research guide on the world’s leading patent lawyers.
- Intellectual Asset Management Ranks Morris Nichols in Delaware Top Tier
The 2014 edition of IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners ranked Morris Nichols in the gold tier for Delaware, noting the firm “is a first port of call for litigators seeking local counsel in Delaware.”
- 17 Morris Nichols Attorneys Selected For Inclusion in Super Lawyers- Delaware Edition 2014
- Chambers USA 2014 Names 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best in Delaware
- 2014 Chambers USA Directory Ranks 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys as 'Leaders in their Field"
- Congratulations to Jack Blumenfeld, 2014 Delaware Litigator of the Year
- Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to 2014 Best Lawyers in America – 60 Practice Specialty Selections; 22 Top-Listed Practice areas; 5 Delaware Lawyers of the Year
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that two thirds of the firm's partnership have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Chambers USA 2013 Names 17 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best In Delaware
The 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business today ranked seventeen Morris Nichols’ attorneys and four practice groups as best in Delaware.
- 22 Morris Nichols Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers – Delaware Edition 2013
22 Morris Nichols attorneys have been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers - Delaware Edition 2013.
- Morris Nichols Tops Delaware in Benchmark Litigation 2013
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that nine Morris Nichols’ attorneys and three practice areas have been selected as among the best in Delaware by the 2013 edition of Benchmark Litigation.
- Morris Nichols Attorneys Named Delaware “Lawyers of the Year”
Gil Sparks, Jack Blumenfeld, and Rick Alexander have been named 2013 Delaware Lawyers of the Year by the Best Lawyers in America publication in the Bet-the-Company Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law categories, respectively.
- 28 Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013
28 Morris Nichols attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013 in twenty two practice areas.
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld Named Among Top Patent Litigators; Firm Ranks First in Delaware
Jack Blumenfeld has been selected as the sole Gold-ranked patent litigator in Delaware by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine in the 2012 edition of IAM 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld, Mary Graham Named 2012 Life Science Stars
Jack Blumenfeld and Mary Graham have been named “Life Science Stars” by LMG Life Sciences 2012: The Definitive Guide to the Leading Firms and Attorneys in US Life Sciences.
- Morris Nichols Team Successful in LadaTech v Illumina Patent Infringement Dispute
Jack Blumenfeld and Maryellen Noreika headed the Morris Nichols patent litigation trial team that represented LadaTech, LLC in its successful patent infringement dispute against Illumina, Inc.
- Morris Nichols’ Jack Blumenfeld Ranked Number One in Delaware Among World’s Foremost Patent Litigators
Jack B. Blumenfeld has been ranked the number one Delaware patent litigator by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine in the 2011 edition of IAM 250 -The World's Leading Patent Litigators.
- Jack B. Blumenfeld, Karen Jacobs, Jeremy A. Tigan, Pretrial Preparation, ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators, 329-350 (Kenneth L. Dorsney ed., ABA Publishing 2012).
- Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons, Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham and Leslie A. Polizoti, Explaining Venue Choice and Litigant Preferences: Solving the Delaware Mystery, ECONOMIC DAMAGES IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: A HANDS-ON GUIDE TO LITIGATION 67-81 (Daniel Slottje ed., John Wiley & Sons 2006)
- Donald F. Parsons, Jr., Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham & Leslie A. Polizoti, Solving the Mystery of Patentees' 'Collective Enthusiasm' for Delaware, Delaware Law Review, Vol 7:2 (2005)