- J.D., 1992, University of Virginia School of Law
- Articles Editor, 1991-1992, Virginia Law Review
- B.A., 1988, University of Delaware
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Walter K. Stapleton, U. S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Admissions to Practice
- Delaware, 1994
Jeffrey R. Wolters
PartnerTel: (302) 351-9352
Fax: (302) 498-6215
Jeff is a member of the Delaware Corporate Law Counseling Group, which specializes in providing advice on corporate transactions. Jeff’s work involves counseling on all Delaware law aspects of a transaction, and often involves advising boards of directors and board committees, including independent committees appointed to negotiate mergers or other significant transactions such as those in which directors or large stockholders may have a conflict of interest. Jeff also provides formal legal opinions on Delaware corporate law and related matters.
Jeff is a frequent speaker at legal conferences such as ABA meetings and PLI conferences, and is also a frequent presenter on Delaware corporate law at law firms and law schools. He has taught courses on Corporate M&A at Villanova University Law School and The University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Jeff has worked with hundreds of public and private Delaware companies over the years on matters ranging from routine corporate questions to M&A transactions, proxy contests and independent committee matters, including matters for such companies as Acxiom, Benchmark Capital, Berkshire Hathaway, Comcast, Ford Motor Company, Gilead Sciences, Google, Lam Research, Peter Kiewit Sons’, Inc., VantagePoint Capital Partners and The Williams Companies.
- Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Chambers USA 2014 Names 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys and 4 Practice Groups as Best in Delaware
- 2014 Chambers USA Directory Ranks 21 Morris Nichols Attorneys as 'Leaders in their Field"
- Jeff Wolters Featured Presenter at TerraLex Paris General Sessions
Jeffrey Wolters presented What's New in Delaware and Facilitating Multi-Jurisdiction Collaboration at the 2013 TerraLex Global Meeting in Paris, France, on September 27-28, 2013.
- 28 Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013
28 Morris Nichols attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013 in twenty two practice areas.
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeffrey Wolters Featured Speaker at Practising Law Institute Seminar: Advanced Venture Capital 2013, San Francisco, December 2013
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeffrey Wolters Featured Speaker at Practising Law Institute Seminar: Hot Topics in Mergers & Acquisitions 2013, Chicago, September 2013
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeff Wolters Presents at 33rd Annual Ray Garrett, Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute: Avoiding Pitfalls in M&A Transactions, Chicago, May 2013
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Delaware Law Pitfalls in IPOs, ABA Business Law Today, November 2013
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeff Wolters Featured Author in TerraLex Connections – Recent Delaware Decisions Guide US & Foreign Companies, TerraLex Connections, January 2013
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeff Wolters Featured Author in ABA Business Law Today – Reining in the “Liquidity Conflict” under Delaware Law, ABA Business Law Today, December 2012
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Decisions in Delaware Offer Important Guidance for US and Foreign Companies, TerraLex Connections, December 2012
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeff Wolters Featured Author in ABA Business Law Today – Breacher Beware: Contract Damages in Delaware M&A Decisions, ABA Business Law Today, May 2012
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Jeff Wolters Featured Author in ABA Business Law Today – Running a Proper Independent Committee Process: Practice Tips from Recent Delaware Cases
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Running a Proper Independent Committee Process: Practice Tips from Recent Delaware Cases, ABA Business Law Today, March 2012
- Jeffrey Wolters and Tom Kellerman, Corporate Governance for Venture-Backed Companies, The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, March 2012
- James D. Honaker, Jeffrey R. Wolters, Analysis of 2013 Amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law, Aspen Publishers, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Innovations in Poison Pill Drafting, Practical Law Journal, November 2011
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Delaware Corporation Law and Practice, Bender Publishing, (2012 ed.)
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Mergers, Corporate Attorney's Practice Guide, LexisNexis, (2012 ed.)
- Jeffrey R. Wolters (Contributor), State Law On Going Private: Developments in Delaware Law, Securities Law Techniques, Vol. 5, Chapter 68