- J.D., 1992, University of Virginia School of Law
- Articles Editor, 1991-1992, Virginia Law Review
- B.A., 1988, University of Delaware
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Walter K. Stapleton, U. S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Admissions to Practice
- Delaware, 1994
Jeffrey R. Wolters
PartnerTel: (302) 351-9352
Fax: (302) 498-6215
Jeff is a member of the Delaware Corporate Law Counseling Group, which specializes in providing advice on corporate transactions. Jeff’s work involves counseling on all Delaware law aspects of a transaction, and often involves advising boards of directors and board committees, including independent committees appointed to negotiate mergers or other significant transactions such as those in which directors or large stockholders may have a conflict of interest. Jeff also provides formal legal opinions on Delaware corporate law and related matters.
Jeff is a frequent speaker at legal conferences such as ABA meetings and PLI conferences, and is also a frequent presenter on Delaware corporate law at law firms and law schools. He teaches a course on Corporate M&A at Villanova University Law School.
Professional and Community Activities
- Ray Garrett Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute, Executive Committee
- North American Regional Vice Chair, Terralex Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group
- The Chester Fund for Education and the Arts, Board of Directors
- Best Lawyers in America 2013
Jeff has worked with hundreds of public and private Delaware companies over the years on matters ranging from routine corporate questions to M&A transactions, proxy contests and independent committee matters, including matters for such companies as Acxiom, Benchmark Capital, Berkshire Hathaway, Comcast, Ford Motor Company, Gilead Sciences, Google, Lam Research, Peter Kiewit Sons’, Inc., VantagePoint Capital Partners and The Williams Companies.
- Jeff Wolters Featured Author in ABA Business Law Today – Breacher Beware: Contract Damages in Delaware M&A Decisions
Jeff Wolters authored Breacher Beware: Contract Damages in Delaware M&A Decisions appearing in the Delaware Insider section of the April 2013 issue of the ABA’s Business Law Today.
- Jeff Wolters, Mike Houghton Featured Authors in TerraLex Connections – Liability Exposure for Delaware Incorporated Companies
Jeff Wolters and Mike Houghton co-authored Liability Exposure for Delaware Incorporated Companies – The Risk of an Escheat Audit and Delaware’s New Voluntary Disclosure Program to Avoid Penalties appearing in the April 2013 issue of TerraLex Connections.
- Jeff Wolters Featured Author in TerraLex Connections – Recent Delaware Decisions Guide US & Foreign Companies
Jeffrey Wolters authored Decisions in Delaware Offer Important Guidance for US and Foreign Companies appearing in the December 2012 issue of TerraLex Connections.
- Jeff Wolters Featured Author in ABA Business Law Today – Reining in the “Liquidity Conflict” under Delaware Law
Jeff Wolters authored Reining in the “Liquidity Conflict” under Delaware Law appearing in the Delaware Insider section of the December 2012 issue of the ABA’s Business Law Today.
- 28 Morris Nichols Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013
28 Morris Nichols attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2013 in twenty two practice areas.
- Jeff Wolters Featured Author in ABA Business Law Today – Running a Proper Independent Committee Process: Practice Tips from Recent Delaware Cases
- Jeff Wolters Presents at PLI Advanced Venture Capital 2012 Seminar in San Fransisco
- Jeff Wolters Presents at PLI Mergers & Acquistions 2012 Seminar in New York City
Notable Publications and Presentations
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Reining in the “Liquidity Conflict” under Delaware Law, Business Law Today, December 2012
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Decisions in Delaware Offer Important Guidance for US and Foreign Companies, TerraLex Connections, December 2012
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Running a Proper Independent Committee Process: Practice Tips from Recent Delaware Cases, ABA Business Law Today, March 2012
- Jeffrey Wolters and Tom Kellerman, Corporate Governance for Venture-Backed Companies, The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, March 2012
- James D. Honaker, Jeffrey R. Wolters, Analysis of 2012 Amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law, Aspen Publishers, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Innovations in Poison Pill Drafting, Practical Law Journal, November 2011
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Delaware Corporation Law and Practice, Bender Publishing, (2012 ed.)
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, Mergers, Corporate Attorney's Practice Guide, LexisNexis, (2012 ed.)
- Jeffrey R. Wolters, The State of M&A Deals in 2010, M&A Negotiation Series
- Jeffrey R. Wolters (Contributor), State Law On Going Private: Developments in Delaware Law, Securities Law Techniques, Vol. 5, Chapter 68