- J.D., 2002, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Research Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- B.A., mathematics and sociology, 1999, Vassar College
- Extern (2002), the Honorable Randy J. Holland, Associate Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court
Admissions to Practice
- Delaware, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2004
Leslie A. Polizoti
PartnerTel: (302) 351-9415
Fax: (302) 425-3084
Leslie is a litigator who helps companies and their directors in business disputes, including litigation arising from mergers and acquisitions and breaches of contract.
Her trial practice in the Delaware Court of Chancery has involved, among other things, contract disputes over the terms of partnership agreements, preferred stockholder agreements, and licensing agreements with a patent pool. She is frequently involved in highly expedited derivative litigation, related preliminary injunctions, and “busted deal” cases. She has had success in “bet-the-company” AAA arbitrations; has appeared on behalf of, and before, the Delaware Department of Insurance in connection with insurers’ change-of-control filings; and has litigated patent disputes in Delaware’s District Court. Her litigation experience spans industries as diverse as online betting company Youbet.com (before its merger with Churchill Downs) and IT giant BMC Software to seismic solutions company ION Geophysical Corporation and global telecom company Alcatel-Lucent.
In 2011, Chancellor Leo E. Strine, Jr. appointed Leslie to the Court of Chancery Rules Committee. She has served on numerous subcommittees, including the Discovery Subcommittee (which drafted parts of the Court’s Guidelines) and the Articles Advisory Committee (which assisted with the Delaware Corporate and Legal Services Blog).
Leslie graduated from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2002, where she was a Research Editor for the Journal of Transnational Law, and an extern for the Honorable Justice Randy J. Holland of the Delaware Supreme Court.
You may often find Leslie at the Brandywine Zoo, where her duties as a volunteer Docent include presenting “education animals” to the public. She also enjoys traveling internationally—particularly in Africa—to look for animals large and small.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Federal Civil Panel
- Jay Moffitt and Leslie Polizoti to Become Morris Nichols’ Newest Partners
Morris Nichols is pleased to announce that Jay Moffitt and Leslie Polizoti will become partners, effective January 1, 2011.
- William M. Lafferty, Jay N. Moffitt, Kenneth J. Nachbar, Leslie A. Polizoti, Section 102(b)(7) Charter Provisions Remain Potent Weapons
- Vice Chancellor Donald F. Parsons, Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham and Leslie A. Polizoti, Explaining Venue Choice and Litigant Preferences: Solving the Delaware Mystery, ECONOMIC DAMAGES IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: A HANDS-ON GUIDE TO LITIGATION 67-81 (Daniel Slottje ed., John Wiley & Sons 2006)
- Donald F. Parsons, Jr., Jack B. Blumenfeld, Mary B. Graham & Leslie A. Polizoti, Solving the Mystery of Patentees' 'Collective Enthusiasm' for Delaware, Delaware Law Review, Vol 7:2 (2005)