- J.D., 2001, magna cum laude, Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University
- Comments Editor, The Dickinson Law Review
- B.A., 1998, magna cum laude, Mount Saint Mary's University
Admissions to Practice
- Delaware, 2001
Melissa A. DiVincenzo
PartnerTel: (302) 351-9623
Fax: (302) 498-6205
Melissa is a partner in the Delaware Corporate Counseling Group. She provides advice on corporate governance matters and various corporate transactions, including initial public offerings, mergers, asset sales, domestications and financing transactions. Ms. DiVincenzo’s work involves guiding Delaware corporations on the requirements of the Delaware General Corporation Law, counseling boards of directors and board committees with respect to fiduciary duties, and providing formal legal opinions on issues of Delaware law.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section: Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions; Subcommittee on Acquisitions of Public Companies; Annual Survey Working Group; Judicial Interpretations Working Group
- Member, Delaware Bar Association
- Lou Hering, Melissa DiVincenzo Featured Authors in BNA's Corporate Accountability Report: Delaware’s 2013 Legislative Amendments
Wilmington, DE (July 24, 2013) – Louis Hering, Morris Nichols Commercial Law Counseling Group partner, and Melissa DiVincenzo, Morris Nichols Delaware Corporate Law Counseling Group partner, co-authored 2013 Amendments to Delaware's General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes appearing in the July 19, 2013 edition of Corporate Accountability Report, a publication of Bloomberg BNA.
- Lou Hering, Melissa DiVincenzo Featured Authors for ABA Working Group on Legal Opinions 2013 Spring Seminar
Louis Hering and Melissa DiVincenzo co-authored Considerations for Contractual Provisions Extending Statutes of Limitations presented at the 2013 Working Group on Legal Opinions Spring Seminar in New York City.
- Melissa A. DiVincenzo, Louis G. Hering, 2014 Amendments to Delaware’s General Corporation Law, Alternative Entity Statutes and Contract Statute of Limitations, Bloomberg BNA’s Corporate Accountability Report, Vol. 12, No. 31, August 1, 2014
- Melissa A. DiVincenzo, Louis G. Hering, Considerations for Contractual Provisions Extending Statutes of Limitations, The Business Lawyer, Vol. 69, May 2014
- Melissa A. DiVincenzo, Louis G. Hering, 2012 Amendments to Delaware’s General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes, BNA’s Corporate Counsel Weekly, August 15, 2012, Vol. 256, No. 27
- Melissa A. DiVincenzo, Frederick H. Alexander, Is Common Stock the Preferred Security? Recent Judicial and Legislative Developments Affecting Preferred Stock, ABA Annual Meeting (November 2010)
- Melissa A. DiVincenzo, Repose vs. Freedom – Delaware’s Prohibition on Extending the Statute of Limitations by Contract: What Practitioners Should Know, Delaware Law Review, 2010, Vol. 12, No. 1