- J.D., cum laude, 2007, American University Washington College of Law
- Staff Member, Journal of Gender, Social Policy and the Law
- B.A., 1990, Rutgers University
Admissions to Practice
- Delaware, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2009
Karl G. Randall
AssociateTel: (302) 351-9465
Fax: (302) 225-2566
Karl is an associate in the Corporate and Business Litigation Group with years of first and second chair experience litigating clients’ claims. He primarily has litigated in the Superior Court’s Complex Commercial Litigation Division (“CCLD”) since its creation in May 2010. The CCLD provides fast-track scheduling and firm trial dates involving actions with more than $1 million at issue.
His client engagements span complex contract issues, defense of toxic tort claims, environmental matters, collection of large judgments, employment disputes, real estate litigation, statutory claims, and administrative appeals. In a recent seven-day jury trial, he was part of the Morris Nichols trial team that helped his clients win a unanimous special verdict – after less than an hour of deliberations – leading to a final judgment awarding more than $7 million in damages, attorneys’ fees and future money payments.
In addition to the Superior Court, Karl has also appeared in the Delaware Supreme Court, the Court of Chancery, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
Before coming to Morris Nichols, Karl interned with the United States Department of Justice in the Criminal Division's Fraud Section and served as an Observer with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, assigned to the office of Commissioner Roel C. Campos.
Karl is active locally on pro bono matters and, at the request of the District Court’s Federal Civil Panel, recently represented an inmate with Constitutional claims.
Professional and Community Activities
- Appointed by President Judge Vaughn to the Superior Court Rules Committee, 2013
- Council Member, Litigation Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, 2010 – 2013. Karl served on the subcommittees that led to the creation of the Superior Court’s Bench-Bar Liaison Program and the Superior Court Judicial Preferences initiative.
- Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court, 2008 – Present
- Delaware State Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- Panelist, Cross-Border Litigation and the Hague Convention: Practice and Procedure – DSBA Litigation Section (2012)
- Panelist, Beyond Delaware: Issues with Serving Process and Seeking Discovery – DSBA Litigation Section (2011)